Monday, December 12, 2011

How much does it cost to change the timing belt on an Acura CL?

Plan on anywhere from $600 to $1,000. When I had it done on my Integra in Minnesota, it was a little over $500. When I had it done to my Protege after we moved to Illinois, Mazda charged me over $900. I don't think it had as much to do with the make of the car as the fact that it's the Chicago area, and the cost of living is higher here.



When you take it in, they will probably suggest you replace the water pump, even if it doesn't need it. DO IT!!! They are right next to each other, and most of the cost is in the labor. If you don't, and the water pump goes out later, you'll probably spend the same amount again in labor to go back in, where if you do it at the same time, it may add another hour to the labor, plus the cost of the part.How much does it cost to change the timing belt on an Acura CL?
call your local dealer and ask...not all dealers charge the same..

No comments:

Post a Comment